This is the easiest instant ice cream/sorbet in the world. It is always a big hit in my household and never hangs around for long.
It provides a lovely immune boost from the vitamin C and antioxidant-rich berries, and is a healthy alternative to shop-bought ice cream which tends to be laden with sugar. The oats provide soluble fibre for a healthy digestive system, as well as B vitamins for energy.
- Just pop the frozen berries into a bowl with the other ingredients (add honey later) and blitz together with a stick blender. If you don't have one a Magimix would work fine.
- Taste and then add the honey, tasting until you get it just how you like it.
- As the berries are frozen, it will turn into an instant soft-set ice cream.
- This is delicious served with some sliced banana or seasonal fruit.
- If you don't eat it all keep it in the freezer for another time. I would take it out 5 minutes before serving as it sets pretty hard.
- It will go pretty quickly…