This is the ideal recipe for any little person who has suffered a tummy upset. The pectin found naturally in the apples works brilliantly to help with diarrhoea and has a clever balancing effect if a little extra fibre is required.
Pears are possibly the least allergenic fruit so well-suited to sensitive tummies. This compote is perfect added to porridge or natural/Greek yogurt for breakfast, or as a delicious yet healthy pudding or snack.
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped (you can use either cooking apples for a smoother/glossier finish or 2 normal eating apples work well too)
- 2-3 pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 30g raisins (optional)
- a glug (approx 100ml) apple juice or water
- Simply place your apple and pear, with a little apple juice or water, into a small saucepan and allow to simmer gently together in the pan on a low heat for approximately 15-20 minutes until the fruit has softened.
- Then add the honey and raisins and stir through.
- Taste and add a touch more honey, if needed. Enjoy hot or cold.