Just like our other recipe for Healthy Rice Crispy Squares these have that amazing chew and are delicious and easy to make. Plus, these will last a long time as they are kept in your freezer!
Brown rice contains B vitamins important for energy as well as being a good source of soluble fibre. Almonds are a great source of protein as well as providing valuable minerals like calcium for healthy bones, and magnesium that supports healthy muscle function. Chia seeds have wonderful omega 3 fats in them as well as protein.
Do see our Healthy Chocolate Rice Crispy Cakes too.
- 50g brown rice puffs
- 100g ground almonds
- 20g butter or coconut oil
- 100g honey
- 50g dried berries
- 50g raisins
- A sprinkle of chia and sunflower seeds
- Pop the ground almonds, honey and butter into a pan and heat up for a couple of minutes. It will gradually soften and go paste-like and runny.
- In a bowl, mix together the dried fruit, seeds and rice puffs. Line a dish/baking sheet/cake tin with some silicone paper and press the rice crispy mix into the tin. Pop into the freezer for about an hour to help it set.
- Cut into your desired shapes and eat whilst cold.
These are also delicious if you melt 50g of dark chocolate and add that to the mix.