An utterly delicious and indulgent protein packed treat made without gluten, dairy or refined sugar. These cups taste fantastic and are also fun to make with little ones.
You can try both smooth or crunchy peanut butter, both work brilliantly. Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, helping to mop up damaging free radicals and reducing inflammation, as well as providing an energy boosting hit of magnesium and the peanuts providing a good dose of protein.
- 80g dark chocolate (gluten & dairy free dark chocolate such as Green & Black)
- 80g peanut butter (we like Meridian or Biona)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 25g coconut oil
- 40ml Koko milk (or you can use tinned coconut milk for a more luxurious finish)
- Firstly, to make the chocolate coconut ganache, melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (or you can use a microwave).
- Add the coconut oil until melted and combine.
- Next, add the coconut milk (either Koko milk or canned coconut milk. We usually use the Koko brand as it has less of a flavour). At this point, the chocolate and coconut oil mix will thicken considerably.
- To make the peanut base, melt the peanut butter in a small saucepan and gently stir in the maple syrup.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases and top with a generous layer of the chocolate coconut ganache.
- Place in the fridge to firm up.