These are utterly delicious little cupcakes. So easy to make, as light as air and have no sugar in them! Made with all natural, easy to get hold of ingredients.
Almonds are a great source of protein as well as valuable minerals like calcium for healthy bones, and magnesium that supports healthy muscle function. Raspberries are full of antioxidants and anti-cancer benefits. Maple and honey are natural sweeteners, both containing vitamins to help not harm.
These little cakes are also gluten-free so wonderful for those that suffer from Coeliac Disease or find gluten hard to digest.
- 100g ground almonds
- 70g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ zest of a lemon
- 70ml honey
- 60ml maple syrup
- 250 mascarpone
- 120g raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line muffin tins with cupcake cases.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix in the melted butter until completely incorporated.
- Next, sieve in the ground almonds and baking powder. This is just to prevent lumps and get as much air into the mix as possible. If you are left with bits in your sieve just add back to your mix.
- Add your lemon zest and honey and stir all together.
- Next, dollop tablespoons into your cupcakes cases until about ¾ full.
- Place into the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden in colour, firm to the touch and if tested with a skewer they come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cakes are cooking, get on with making up your icing. Mix the mascarpone with the maple syrup until lump free, smooth and glossy.
- Then add ¾ of your raspberries (make sure you leave at least 8 for presentation) and squash them into the mascarpone. You want the raspberries to bleed into the cream and give off a lovely baby pink warmth.
- Pile some onto your cooled cupcake and garnish with a raspberry... enjoy.