I never thought you’d be able to get that amazing chew that you get from the unhealthy rice crispy cakes we are all used to from the marshmallow but you really can.
These rice crispy squares are just delicious and easy. Plus, will last a long time as they are kept in your freezer!
Brown rice contains B vitamins important for energy as well as being a good source of soluble fibre. Almonds are a great source of protein as well as valuable minerals like calcium for healthy bones, and magnesium that supports healthy muscle function.
- 50g brown rice puffs
- 100g ground almonds
- 20g butter or coconut oil
- 100g honey
- 70g dried apricots, chopped
- 40g raisins
- 25g dried mango, chopped (optional)
- Pop the ground almonds, honey and butter into a pan and heat up for a couple of minutes. It will gradually soften and go paste-like and runny.
- In a bowl, mix together the dried fruit and rice puffs.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Line a dish/baking sheet/cake tin with some silicone paper and press the rice crispy mix into the tin. Pop into the freezer for about an hour to help it set.
- Cut into your desired shapes and eat whilst cold.
- These are also delicious if you melt 50g of dark chocolate and add that to the mix.