These are such fun little bites and taste just like little mini mince pies. They are ideal to make with your children and can be a wonderful festive gift, free from refined sugar and made with love.
- 35g blanched almonds
- 25g walnuts
- 50g dates
- 20g sweetened cranberries
- 50g apricots
- Grated clementine zest
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 50g dark chocolate
- 20g white chocolate
- A few dried cranberries for garnish
- Simply place the blanched almonds, walnuts, dates, cranberries, apricots, grated clementine and cinnamon into a blender and blitz until the mixtures comes together and forms a dough.
- Roll the dough into balls (it should make about 10).
- Place the balls onto some non-stick baking parchment.
- Melt the dark and white chocolate separately. Drizzle a little dark chocolate onto each mini mince pie and then carefully spoon a small amount of the white chocolate on the top (see photo as a guide). Garnish with a dried cranberry and allow to cool and set.
We have plenty more festive recipes including the easy-to-make Dark Chocolate Discs and the simple Maple Popcorn. Or why not indulge with our Chocolate Truffles or get messy with the delicious Chocolate Orange Lollies. It wouldn’t be Christmas without Gingerbread Biscuits and you can enjoy savoury treats too with our Cheese Biscuits and Classic Oatcakes. Or if you need a gift that will make your home smell amazing do try our Spiced Oranges.