These are soooo incredibly easy to make and completely gluten-free which is a huge bonus. You get a fantastic biscuity crumble despite using no flour. My whole family is completely addicted to their taste. They contain no refined sugar as I have used maple syrup as the source of sweetness.
Children love chocolate and most are more than happy with dark chocolate, a less sweet alternative rich in healthy antioxidants. Peanuts are a fantastic source of protein and these biscuits will provide a welcome energy boost when eaten as a snack.
- 230g smooth peanut butter
- 80ml maple syrup
- 30g chocolate chips
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Simply combine everything in a bowl and mix well together. It starts off quite runny but the more you mix the thicker the mixture gets.
- Dollop tablespoon amounts of the mix onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until starting to golden.
- Halfway through baking I squash mine slightly with my hand to get that characteristic cookie effect. (However, do be careful not to burn yourself. Perhaps try using the back of a wooden spoon.)