These take minutes to make and add a really nice crust to the salmon.
Sesame seeds are loaded with calcium and iron and salmon is rich in omega 3 and helps to lower inflammation in the body.
- 2 salmon fillets (preferably sustainably sourced)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or Tamari if you need this to be gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 4-5 heaped tsp sesame seeds
- A few lumps of butter (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the soy sauce, maple syrup and Dijon mustard.
- If your salmon has skin on remove it and then cut up the salmon into chunks (about 1 inch pieces) and add to the soy mix and leave to marinate for a few minutes.
- Next, get a plate and place the sesame seeds on it.
- Carefully coat the salmon pieces in the sesame seeds and slide a few chunks onto a skewer.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes per side (8-10 minutes total).
- They can take on a slight golden edge and the fish should be moist and cooked through.