Honeyed Sesame Carrots & Parsnips Honey brings out the delicious natural sweetness of the vegetables and the sesame seeds add a hit of calcium. Carrots and parsnips are packed full of immune boosting Vitamin C as well as fibre for a healthy digestive system.
For the Roasted Cauliflower Steaks Cauliflower – this is an incredibly versatile vegetable and we find that its flavour is enhanced greatly by using spices. Cauliflower is rich in vitamin C and phytonutrients which are special plant compounds rich in health boosting properties. We love using spices for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and they really help to make any dish sing.
- Honeyed Parsnips and Carrots
- 3 large carrots
- 2 parnsips
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 20g sesame seeds
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoons Coconut oil crumbled or melted and drizzled over
- For the Carrots and Parsnips
- Pre heat the oven to 200.
- Simply peel both your carrots and parsnips and cut into halves then quarters length ways - so you get long finger type lengths. Drizzle with honey and a good gulg of rapeseed or coconut oil and mix all together with your fingers. Roast for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and give a quick stir, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and return to the oven for another 10 minutes to toast the seeds slightly.
- For the Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Pre heat the oven to 200
- Break your cauliflower up into little florets and place onto a baking tray. Drizzle or spread your coconut around your baking tray as evenly as possible. Sprinkle over your spices and with your hands try and massage everything together a bit.
- Place the baking tray into the oven on the top shelf and roast for up to 40 minutes - until goldenly roasted. Delicious as a side or simply on its own!