This is great to make with your children to get them really thinking about taste and seasoning.
Plus, it’s full of good oils and fats!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion
- 1 chilli or ½ tsp chilli powder or a few dashes of Tabasco
- 1 large tomato, chopped or 4-6 small ones, cut into quarters
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve, peel and slice the avocados and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- With a wooden spoon mash up the avocados yet keep some lumps as it's nice to have some texture.
- Chop up the onion finely and chop up the tomatoes. Mix in with the avocado.
- Then carefully add the chilli powder, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with pitta crisps or rice cakes.
This is also wonderful for their skin as is filled with brilliant healthy fats and oils.