- 2 small or 1 large aubergine
- Juice of ½ to 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Place your aubergines onto a naked flame and turn every so often for about 10-15 minutes until the skin starts to bubble and crack and the aubergine begins to soften.
- If you feel like the aubergine has cooked through then you can stop, but if you feel like there is still a bit of give to your aubergine (it should feel soft, pappy and squidgy) you can pop it onto a roasting tray and roast for 10 minutes just to make sure it's totally cooked through.
- Next take the charred skin off.
- Pop into a blender and blitz with the tahini paste, garlic and some lemon juice. Adjust as you go along, adding more lemon, olive oil and seasoning until you get it to your liking.