This is the most beautiful pink dip and it takes just seconds to make. Beetroot is packed full of vitamins and minerals such as iron for optimal energy levels, as well as immune boosting Vitamin C and antioxidants.
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 3-4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt/natural yoghurt
- Salt & Pepper
- Grate the beetroot on the smallest side of your grater so it forms a pulp.
- Mix the beetroot with the yoghurt and season to taste. This will last for several days in a jam or kilner jar in the fridge.
These are a great fibre rich snack and make a healthy alternative to regular crisps, and they store well in a tin or kilner jar. We have chosen to flavour them with paprika for this recipe, however feel free to experiment – we also love dried herbs, cumin and even cinnamon.
- 4 wholewheat pitta breads
- A few pinches of paprika approx ½ of a teaspoon
- Coconut Oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut your pitta into strips and open up each strip, tearing into two halves.
- Place your pitta chips into a roasting tin and sprinkle lightly with the paprika then drizzle with coconut oil.
- Using clean hands, toss everything together to coat and roast for 10–15 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
- Take out and leave to cool.
These will last a good couple of weeks in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply