Bircher Muesli makes a delicious breakfast option. Oats are a great source of slow release energy, and are rich with B vitamins and soluble fibre for healthy digestion. The nuts and seeds pack a tasty protein punch (and lovely crunch), helping to keep tummies fuller for longer. Sweetened only with grated apple and raisins and fresh fruit, our Bircher Muesli recipe contains no refined sugar yet plenty of health boosting nutrients. As you can make it the night before and leave it in the fridge, it makes the ideal weekday breakfast when time is short.
Boosting Bircher Muesli
- • 90g rolled oats (gluten-free if required)
- • 120g (approx 4 large tablespoons) strawberry and raspberry DairyCollective kids yoghurt
- • 40g raisins
- • 40g crushed mixed nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, pecans)
- • 120ml coconut/cows/almond milk
- • 1 apple, grated
- • A handful of mixed seeds
- • A generous tablespoon of nut butter (such as cashew or almond)
- • Honey to drizzle (optional)
- • Seasonal fruit - we think berries work brilliantly
- Place the grated apple, oats, raisins, nuts, milk and yoghurt into a bowl and mix together.
- Cover and place the mixture into the fridge overnight. The oats will soften and swell, as will the raisins taking on lots more sweetness.
- Add a splash of milk to loosen the muesli slightly
- To serve, sprinkle over the seeds, top with spoonful of nut butter, sprinkle with seeds and a drizzle of honey and seasonal fruit - our favourite are blueberries and raspberries but fruit will work well.
- * This recipe can easily be made nut free if required
Leave a Reply