Savoury biscuits make a brilliant healthier alternative to those laden with sugar, and would make an ideal gift. As a child, cheese biscuits were always the one thing we remember making with our parents; the perfect gift and lots of fun and mess in the kitchen. These are incredibly easy and little ones will really enjoy making them resulting in a great sense of achievement.
Makes 20-30 biscuits
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 120g butter, softened
- 120g cheddar cheese, grated
- 160g spelt flour
- 40g oat bran
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until everything comes together as a dough-like ball.
- Take small chunks of the mixture (slightly bigger than grapes) and roll into balls. Place the balls onto a baking sheet and press down slightly, then into the fridge to chill for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Once chilled, cook for 15-20 minutes until set and turning slightly golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool and enjoy as a snack or wrap up and give as a lovely gift.
Leave a Reply