Really simple marinade but tastes great, fresh and delicious for both kids and adults.
Chicken with Lemon and Garlic
Serves: 2 adults or 4 kids
- 2 chicken supremes or breasts (a supreme means it still has the wing attached)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Pop the chicken into a bowl or food bag and add the olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon zest and freshly ground pepper. Massage this all into the chicken breast and leave for at least 30 minutes to infuse and marinate.
- Take out of the bag and lightly season with salt just before cooking. You add salt now and not earlier as salt brings out the moisture in things and you want to keep the moisture in your chicken.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Heat up a griddle (or, if you don't have one, a frying pan) with a small amount of oil, butter or ghee to a medium to high heat and add the chicken skin side down. At this stage you are really just getting a bit of colour onto the chicken skin. Colour equals flavour so try to be brave and allow yourself time to give it a lovely caramelised dark brown.
- When you are happy with the colour of the skin take it out of the griddle (or frying pan) and pop onto a baking sheet and into the oven for 15-20 minutes (dependent on the thickness of the chicken) until the fibres are set and there is no pinkness.
Leave a Reply