These delicious fish nuggets are packed full of protein and are rich in brain boosting omega 3 fats. They freeze brilliantly and make a healthier gluten-free alternative to the classic fish finger.
Adults can also enjoy them as finger food canapes with a tasty homemade tartare sauce or lemony garlic mayo.
Golden Fish Nuggets
Makes 16-18 balls
- 300g cooked salmon and haddock (sustainably caught)
- 300g mashed potato
- ½ zest of a lemon
- 1 onion, diced
- 15g coriander, chopped
- Coconut oil for frying
- If your fish is not cooked, place it into some tin foil and close it up like a parcel. Cook in a preheated oven (180C approx.) for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Dice the onion and sweat/soften in a frying pan.
- Simply place everything into a bowl and mix all together. Take golf ball-sized even clumps in your hand and firmly shape into balls. You can either freeze them at this stage or cook them straight away.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add some coconut oil to melt. Gently fry your fish nuggets until golden on the outside and heated all the way through.
Leave a Reply