We love these quick and easy little pots, either as a perfect breakfast or adapted for a speedy pudding!
It is simply layers of fruit and yoghurt with either granola (see our Amazing Granola recipe) or oats, or try using broken up meringue pieces for a speedy summery treat.
This would work all year round; simply choose seasonal fruit to suit your tastes. We have used summer berries but it would be very tasty with an apple compote, or passion fruit and mango slices for a tropical twist.
Healthy Eton Mess
I have not set specific quantities as they are not required here.
- Natural live yoghurt
- Shop-bought meringues (unless, of course, you have any leftover from another recipe)
- Summer berries: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
- Granola or plain oats (gluten-free, if required)
- Simply get a glass and place a layer of yoghurt in the bottom.
- Add a tablespoon or two of fruit and then a layer of granola/oats (or crushed meringue, if making dessert).
- Add another dollop of yoghurt and continue to layer up, creating a pretty layered effect.
- We find these are best eaten immediately (not usually a problem!) as the granola/oats/meringues may become soggy.
Berries are packed full of immune boosting antioxidants such as vitamin C, and yoghurt contains friendly bacteria to help support a happy digestive system.
Leave a Reply