Very simple and great for kids to learn about meat.
Honey and Mustard Chicken
Serves: 4 small kids
- 4 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Wash your hands and place your chicken into a bowl, then pour over the honey and the mustard and allow your children to get their hands in and massage the marinade into the meat.
- Either leave it in the bowl or place in a plastic bag to continue marinating for at least 30 minutes.
- Next, place the chicken into a roasting tin and pop in the oven for 20-30 minutes until cooked through, the fibres are set and the juices run clear.
- It's delicious with brown rice and broccoli.
Talk to your children about hygiene regarding poultry and allow them to get their hands in and massage and marinate the chicken. They learn more when they get involved!