These are a delicious fudgey snack that provide a hit of protein from the peanuts and B vitamins for energy from the oats. Dark chocolate has valuable antioxidant levels to help boost the immune system.
They take just minutes to make and can be stored to have on hand for weeks (if they last that long!) They are ideal to have after sports or for an active soft play session.
Peanut Butter Balls
- 100g peanut butter (preferably organic with no added salt or sugar, e.g Meridian or Whole Earth)
- 60g oats (gluten-free, if required)
- 50g dark chocolate, cut into chunks or chips
- 2 tbsp honey
- Simply place the peanut butter, oats and honey into a small saucepan and gently heat. The peanut butter will soften and make it easy to mix everything together.
- You can either add the dark chocolate at this point and it will melt through creating darker looking balls or you can leave the pan to cool down and stir through the chocolate so that you get chunks running throughout – either are delicious.
- When all mixed, get tablespoon amounts of the mix and roll on the palm of your hands to make bite-sized balls. (If doing with your child make sure the mix is not too hot. They will love the mess and taste of it all.)
- These store brilliantly in an airtight jar or container and are a wonderful snack through out the day.
If you are not keen on the chocolate you could exclude and add raisins and seeds which would taste great too!
Leave a Reply