Rhubarb and Strawberry Compote
- 5 stems rhubarb
- 3 strawberries
- 1 tbsp light brown muscovado sugar or coconut palm sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Cut the rhubarb into 1-2 inch batons and place onto a baking tray lined with foil.
- Slice the strawberries and add to the baking tray and then sprinkle over the sugar. Bring up the edges of the tin foil to form a parcel (so as to steam everything).
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes until cooked through and softened. This works perfectly as a compote with natural yoghurt or with a granola crumble.