This is a delicious and easy recipe you can really easily adapt to your taste.
Rice with Sweet Potato & Red Pepper
- 100-150g brown rice, cooked
- 30g frozen peas
- 30g sweetcorn
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet potato (or ½ a large), cubed into 1 cm pieces
- Few florets of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 cm ginger, grated
- 1 tsp approx bouillon powder
- First, cook the rice - or use frozen and de-frost and heat until piping hot. For rice cooking: place your rice into a pan, cover with water with about 2cms excess water on top. Add in your bouillon powder. Bring up to the boil and then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes with the lid on (or according to packet instructions) until the grain has puffed up and absorbed all the water and is soft when tasted. If it's still firm but dry, add a splash more water and continue to cook until done.
- Next heat a little coconut oil in a wok or frying pan and add in your chopped sweet potato and lightly pan fry till softened.
- Add your chopped up red pepper and small broccoli florets and cook until all are softened (if you have a lid to your pan you can speed up the process by placing the lid on top to help steam them all slightly).
- When soft, (it shouldn't take long - approx 5 minutes) add in your peas, sweetcorn and spring onions - then add in your grated ginger and garlic and cook out for a minute.
- Stir through the cooked rice and when warm crack your egg directly into the pan, stirring all the time to help break up the egg. Cook until all the egg has cooked/ disappeared.
Leave a Reply