When Valentine’s Day comes around this is a lovely treat to make with your little ones. They are such fun to make, taste delicious and are healthier than many of the high sugar alternatives available. You can use any sprinkles you have to hand – nuts, seeds, crushed up rice cakes… it doesn’t need to be fancy, just fun and inevitably rather messy.
Don’t worry if you do not have lolly moulds handy, you can simply make chocolate shapes. We have used silicone moulds but moulds from old chocolate boxes would work well, or simply spread a circle of chocolate on baking parchment.
- 1 x bar 70% dark chocolate
- Sprinkles (freeze dried raspberries, rice crispies, desiccated coconut, nuts, seeds...anything sprinkly - be adventurous!)
- Silicone mould, or equivalent
- Lolly sticks (optional)
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of gently boiling water.
- Once melted spoon the chocolate into your mould, add your chosen sprinkles & the lolly sticks (if using). If you are making shapes on baking parchment, add the sprinkles to the melted chocolate shapes.
- Place the chocolate into the fridge to cool.
- When set, pop them out/gentle lift off the baking parchment and give as gifts.
Leave a Reply