These yummy gluten-free snack balls are sure to be a hit. They are packed with protein from the nuts, combined with chewy sweetness and fibre from the apricots and warm spice from the cinnamon.
Do see our Peanut Butter Energy Balls too.
Coconut and Apricot Balls
Serves: 16 balls (approx)
- 85ml honey
- 30g butter
- 30g coconut oil
- 50g ground almonds
- 30g pecans, finely chopped
- 30g walnuts, finely chopped
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g oats (ensure they are gluten-free, if required)
- 30g dried apricots, chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Melt the butter and coconut oil in a saucepan with the honey, and then add all the other ingredients.
- Taking handfuls of the mix in one hand, make firm bite sized balls and place on to a plate and chill to firm up in the fridge.
- Alternatively you can actually bake them to make delicious coconut granola biscuits. Simply roll into balls and flatten slightly to form a biscuit shape.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- Leave to cool and help set their shape before eating.
Either way you like them - raw or cooked - they are a wonderful, grab-able snack full of goodness.
Leave a Reply