We’re pleased with this delicious flapjack recipe using no refined sugar. It is packed with vitamins and minerals such as calcium and iron from the oats and natural antioxidants from the honey.
Most flapjacks contain plenty of refined sugar, typically from Golden Syrup, so we wanted to create something that whilst still a treat, was that bit less naughty.
- 250g runny honey
- 220g rolled oats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 150g butter (if you like you can use half coconut oil and butter)
- a good pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven 180C.
- Line a baking tray or 20 x 20cm approx. cake tin with silicone/non-stick greaseproof paper.
- Simply place the butter and honey into a saucepan and heat until the butter has dissolved and it's all come together.
- Then add your desiccated coconut, oats and good pinch of salt.
- Pour into your prepared tin and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. You don't want to overcook as it will end up dry and crumbly. I usually slightly undercook mine so it's a bit gooey. However, do make sure its totally cool before cutting.