Our simple yet delicious carrot salad is rich in the phytonutrient beta-carotene from the carrots, important for skin, eye and immune health. Miso is not only packed with zinc and manganese, but also phytonutrients known as phenolic acids from the fermentation process. This acts as a potent antioxidant in the body.
Sunny Carrot Salad
- 4 medium-sized carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 cm slice of ginger, finely grated
- 20g mixed seeds (such as sunflower or pumpkin)
- 20g cashew nuts
- Small handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp white sweet miso paste
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- A squeeze of lime (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the seeds and nuts onto a roasting tray and then into the oven for 10 minutes to roast until golden brown. Take out and leave to cool.
- Mix the dressing of miso paste, sesame oil, honey and finely grated ginger.
- Stir the dressing through the coarsely grated carrot as well as the coriander and toasted seeds.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of lime.
This looks delicious and right up my street. I will be trying. Thanks xx