This sweet potato and feta salad is lovely and simple, and much more nutritious than a traditional potato salad. Sweet potatoes are nutritional powerhouses, offering more vitamins and minerals than white potatoes, including beta-carotene and vitamin C. It is guaranteed to brighten up any picnic and the crumbled feta adds a delicious saltiness that works really well with the sweet potato. We like to add a handful of mixed seeds to dishes in order to provide a boost of healthy omega oils, as well as a lovely crunch.
- 1 sweet potato (approx 5-600g), peeled and chopped into pieces about 1cm thick
- 60g feta, crumbled
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- A small handful pumpkin seeds (or mixed seeds)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Place your sweet potato pieces onto a roasting tray with the coconut oil.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until cooked through and golden around the edges. Allow to cool.
- Place the potato into a bowl, stir through the feta and spring onions, scatter over the pumpkin seeds and drizzle over the olive oil. Mix together.