Popcorn is a great snack for children and takes no time at all to make. This recipe makes a huge bowl, perfect for sharing under a blanket whilst enjoying your favourite Christmas film. Cinnamon is wonderfully festive, and is also naturally sweet and can help to maintain balanced blood sugar levels.
- 50g popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for cooking the corn)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place a medium-sized saucepan (with a lid) on a low to medium heat and add the coconut oil. Allow to melt.
- Add the popcorn kernels and place the lid on securely. Keep the heat low to medium as you don't want the kernels to burn. You will soon start to hear the familiar popping noise and before you know it the pan will become alive with pops.
- Give the pan a little shake occasionally (with the lid on) and when the popping subsides take it off the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes. Resist the temptation to open the lid as you don't want to let the hot popcorn out.
- In a small pan heat up the coconut oil, cinnamon and maple until it forms a syrup. Pour the syrup over your cooked popcorn and stir through. Serve whilst warm.
We have plenty more festive recipes including the easy-to-make Mini Mince Pies and the simple Dark Chocolate Discs. Or why not indulge with our Chocolate Truffles or get messy with the delicious Chocolate Orange Lollies. It wouldn’t be Christmas without Gingerbread Biscuits and you can enjoy savoury treats too with our Cheese Biscuits and Classic Oatcakes. Or if you need a gift that will make your home smell amazing do try our Spiced Oranges.
Leave a Reply