Dark chocolate is a healthier alternative to sugar laden milk chocolate, and it has the bonus of being rich in antioxidants. Although it might be deemed “grown up” don’t underestimate how much children love it. These Dark Chocolate Discs are great fun to make, take no time at all and would make a wonderful and impressive Christmas gift.
Dark Chocolate Discs
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- Green pistachios
- Dried sweetened cranberries
- Mixed seeds
- Goji berries
- Silicone paper or baking parchment
- Simply melt your dark chocolate in a bowl over some simmer water.
- Get a large piece of non-stick baking parchment or silicone paper and with a teaspoon create little disks roughly the same size as each other.
- Sprinkle over any of the other ingredients to decorate and allow to cool.
- When set, peel off the paper.
We have plenty more festive recipes including the easy-to-make Mini Mince Pies and the simple Maple Popcorn. Or why not indulge with our Chocolate Truffles or get messy with the delicious Chocolate Orange Lollies. It wouldn’t be Christmas without Gingerbread Biscuits and you can enjoy savoury treats too with our Cheese Biscuits and Classic Oatcakes. Or if you need a gift that will make your home smell amazing do try our Spiced Oranges.
Leave a Reply